Friday 29 June 2012

Killer Joe

Read up on the new McConaughey movie that you were not going to see tonight. 


Matthew McConaughey has always been more than just an on-screen pretty boy. His versatility doesn't span as diversely as Johnny Depp, but he's branched into many film genres. Today two of his films are receiving wide release: Magic Mike where he plays a mentor to two young strippers and Killer Joe as a cop and secret hit man.

Although he's starred in a few cringe-worthy rom-coms McConaughey has starred in several serious law-dramas all of which were critically acclaimed. However Killer Joe will show a different side to the actor: psychotic and murderous (Texas Chainsaw doesn't count as a role, it counts as a filler between projects! I rest my case).

I'm not a horror fan, but I love suspense and I was staring into  McConaughey's crazy eyes during the trailer. I'm really excited to see what he's going to pull out of his hat this time. As well he has a pretty good supporting cast including Emile Hirsch and the up and comer Juno Temple.

Watch the trailer below and let me know what you think!








No comments:

Post a Comment