Monday 25 June 2012

My Never ending Love for Ashlee Simpson Part 2: Music Guide


As promised from my first posting about Ashlee Simpson, here is my music guide. If you like Punk, Big Band, Radio Rock, Ska or really anything else you will love Ashlee. She's just that awesome.


----
Radio Rock
Her best known tunes are within the radio-friendly-rock genre. Little Miss Obsessive was one of her bigger singles from her third albums and featured Plain White T's front man Tom Higgenson 

Dancing Alone 

Little Miss Obsessive

Other stand out tracks
  • What I've become
  • Love Makes the World go round
  • Better Off
  • Pieces of Me
  • Coming back for more
  • In another life
  • Boyfriend
  • No Time for Tears
Punk
A bit of a stretch, but she does have some punk elements. Not very thrash but punk-esque.



Autobiography





Other stand out tracks

  • La La

Float
Slow, sad, melodic. It really put her to the test to not belt, but to sing a bit softer. 



Other stand out tracks

  • Undiscovered
  • Unreachable
  • Catch me when I fall
  • Never dream alone

Grunge/Hard Rock
She  has an awesome voice for breathy-grungy songs. Yeah, she's no Kurt or Thom but she holds her own in her songs. Ashlee uses her powerful vocals (listen to I am Me) and belts it out. I've tried but I can never hit it the way she does.
 Kicking And Screaming

I am me

Other stand out tracks
  • Love for Me
  • Eyes Wide open 
  • Surrender 
  • Shadow 
Ska/Dubstep/Grove
Some of these tracks are flirty and fun others are just songs you sing with your friends. One of the tracks in the list below the videos was actually featured in the film Freaky Friday and was one of her first released tracks!

Burnin' Up


Boys
Other stand out tracks
  • Just Let me Cry
  • Murder
  • L.O.V.E


Pop/Dance
Bittersweet World is categorized as a dance album and all of the songs on this list are actually from that CD. 
Ragdoll

Other stand out tracks
  • Hot Stuff
  • Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)

Big Band/Swing 
I bet you weren't expecting this genre. Ashlee was actually in Chicago on BROADWAY! She performed eight shows a week from November to February after Bitersweet World was released. 

Follow you wherever you go

One more to check out!
  • Bittersweet World

No comments:

Post a Comment